Watching the football matches and nibbling on your nails? Stop!
I’ve got a quick and easy recipe for you to throw together in 30 minutes from package to plate. Treat yourselves and your guests to sinful pinwheels made with just pastry, pesto, and cheese. Believe me, you’ll knock one in the net and have everyone screaming for more. Care to tell us in the comments section below what your plate goals are for this season?
- 2 sheets rectangular puff pastry
- 1 jar pesto (your choice red or green)
- 1 packet grated cheese (I tend to use the gratin mixture)
- Un-roll the chilled sheets. Luxuriously spoon on the pesto and spread evenly. Generously sprinkle on the cheese.
- Now, work quickly and roll everything back up nice and tight. Slip it into the freezer for 15 minutes. This makes it easier to slice your pinwheels. Heat your oven to 200° C.
- Take the pastry out of the freezer and slice it into 1cm pieces. Sprinkle on more cheese.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake at 200°c for 10-15 minutes till done or refer to the baking guidelines on the package.
- Serve warm with an extra spoonful of pesto on the side.
Disclaimer: Opinions and methods expressed are solely of the writer. Namaste Switzerland does not undertake any obligation or liability which may arise from the content.