Fun to look at, and interesting to make, these vegetarian mice are a treat for the eyes and palette.
For these delicious potato mice, you will need:
- 3- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 6 Tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- A few Raisins
- Grated cheese (sure as mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 30 gm butter
- Cherry tomatoes/carrots
- Wash the potatoes and pat them dry. Prick the skins with a fork and put the potatoes on a baking tray. Brush them with oil.
- Bake the potatoes until they are soft. Medium-sized potatoes will take about one hour in an oven heated to 200 ◦C.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, cut off the tops and carefully take out the soft potato centres.
- Mash the soft centres with butter, milk and cheese. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, then fill the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook the potatoes on the grill over a few minutes until they are golden.
- Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato or carrot held in place with a cocktail stick and chives tucked behind (see the images for details).
- Finish decorating with raisins eyes, radish/cucumber ears and spring onion tails.
Disclaimer: Opinions and methods expressed are solely of the writer. Namaste Switzerland does not undertake any obligation or liability which may arise from the content.