Namaste Switzerland marks every festivity with creative DIY ideas – from greeting cards, to baking Christmas Spitzbeube (link), from mulled apple juice recipe for children, to the a good Glühwein – we, along with our contributors continue to churn out new ideas. This time, it’s a wooley vase!
Our contributor Jeyanthi Dravidamani shares a quick and easy DIY for your Christmas dinner table. While she was busy choosing Christmas colours green, red and white bottles, preparing for the craft, her curious creative five-year-old joined her, making the entire DIY a joyful work of the mother-and-daughter team!
Here’s how this vase is created: .
- PVA glue
- Decorative beads
- Choose any wine/juice bottle.
- Peel off the papers pasted outside. Wash and dry it well.
- Take some glue and brush it across the top part of the bottle.
- Wrap the wool around the bottle where the glue is applied. (I have used three colours that can be mixed and matched.)
- Repeat the process until you reach the end of the bottle, covering it entirely with the colourful strands of wool.
- Let it dry for 5 minutes and decorate the bottle with bows, bells and perhaps even a wreath.
Get your children involved. It’s simple, beautiful – and a piece of art created jointly by parents and children to treasure for a long time!