Time to set up your garden area or balcony. Smita Swamy shares a DIY using cement clay and mosaic stones.
- Cement clay (Beton Knete)
- Mosaic tiles
- Plastic wrap
- Mushroom-shaped vessel
- Old pot (long)
- Strong glue
- Water to shape/soften the clay as you work with it
- Wrap the outside of the vessel with plastic foil.
- Take some clay and start spreading it evenly throughout the surface. Use water whenever necessary and make the surface flat/smooth using fingertips.
- Prepare the pattern for the surface using the mosaic stones.
- While the clay is still soft start placing the mosaic tiles designs as shown in the picture.
Tip: Press the stones firmly so that they are nicely placed. Leave an equal amount of space between the tiles to give it a nice smooth finish.
- Leave the finished mushroom head to dry for about 48 hours.
- Take a pot (either porcelain or plastic which you can paint and match to the mosaic tile colour). Using strong glue, stick the inner surface to the edge of the pot bottom.
- Place this cute mushroom in your garden or balcony in a covered area.
Disclaimer: Namaste Switzerland does not undertake any financial, reputational, legal, misrepresentational or other obligation or liability which may arise from the content of this article.