Smita Swamy shares the perfect DIY art tutorial for this season. She shows you how to add the beautiful Indian Warli art and create your own lampshade.
Autumn is here, bringing in its beautiful shades of brown, red, orange, yellow, blue, and the many hues of green with a homemade Warli lamp shade.
- Transparent or wax paper (thick)
- Scale, pencil
- Wooden dowels
- Washi tapes (your favorite)
- Black paint, brush, or black permanent markers
- Draw 4 trapeziums on the 2 transparent papers of equal sizes as shown in the picture.
- Draw any warli design of your choice and paint them.
- Cut them into trapezium pairs.
- Glue them together using designer tape or paper tape. It should be stuck in each joint for a uniform look.
- Cut 4 equal-sized dowels.
- Stick one in each corner from inside so that it can stand.
- Now light a lamp/candle or a series light and use this shade to cover. Be careful though that the shade does not catch fire!
- And that’s it, your unique piece of Warli art is rendered on a lampshade!
Disclaimer: Namaste Switzerland does not undertake any financial, reputational, legal, misrepresentational or other obligation or liability which may arise from the content of this article.